Tag Archives: winter
Your garage door might be opened several times a day. When you move your car in and out of the garage or when you enter a garage that is not attached to your home to retrieve or store something, you will need to be opening the door. However, if you have a severe snow or ice storm or even just a particularly cold string of days, your garage door can freeze closed. Luckily, there are things you can do to prevent your garage door from freezing
1. Apply a commercial garage door lubricant or silicone spray to the tracks of your garage door. The lubricant will prevent freezing.
2. Add some lubricant to the rollers of your garage door, as well.
3. Put the commercial lubricant onto the hinges of your garage door to prevent them from freezing during the winter.
4. Shovel snow and ice from the outside of your garage door each morning. Allowing the snow and ice to accumulate or refreeze at night can also freeze your garage door.
5. Warm up your car in your driveway, rather than inside your garage. Your car heating up can melt the snow or ice around the door. Then, when it refreezes after you drive away, the [more]